Potassium Acetate can be used as a de-icer instead of chloride salts such as calcium chloride or magnesium chloride. It offers the advantage of being less aggressive on soils and much less corrosive, and for this reason is preferred for airport runways and areas of environmental sensitivity.
Novamen provides high technical grade potassium acetate for various applications. In liquid form, it is blended to a variety of concentrations and can be purchased in bulk, or in packaged mediums such as drums.
NovaMax De-Icer, a potassium acetate based product, is one of the industry’s top de-icing products available in Western Canada. NovaMax De-Icer can be used in various applications including hydro testing, de-icing applications, well test work-over, and well kill fluids.
Benefits of Potassium Acetate De-Icer
- Safe for runways
- Minimal environmental impact
- Requires fewer applications than other alternatives
- Easy to apply with existing equipment
- Active at sub-zero temperature (freeze point -60°C)
- Improved safety during inclement weather
- Cost effective
- Moderate PH range (9.3-10.3)
Performance of Potassium Acetate
- Excellent de-icing characteristics
- Active at low temperatures (-30°C and below)
- Less slippery than glycol-based products
Potassium Acetate on the Environment
- Low BOD (biochemical oxygen demand)
- Biodegrades at low temperatures
- Does not contain urea
- Low toxicity to fish, mammals, and vegetation
Contact us today for more information on our potassium acetate and potassium acetate based products.