NovaSweet 2000 Series scavengers are a non-amine H2S scavenger, replacing MEA-Triazine in liquid hydrocarbon streams.
A need was identified to reduce fouling created by amine-based scavengers in refineries, production streams and crude oil terminals while keeping treating costs in the same level as triazines.
NovaSweet 2000 Series will react with the H2S molecules and turn them into aqueous non-toxic sulphate salt.
- The heavier sulphate salt molecule will drop into produced water stream.
- Reaction is fast and irreversible.
- NovaSweet 2000 Series will react instantaneously with H2S once contact is made. It will also react with lower chain mercaptans. Mercaptan reaction time may take up to 24 hours depending on mercaptan species.
- NovaSweet 2000 Series will react with carbon dioxide.
- NovaSweet 2000 Series will not react with double bonded sulfur compounds.
Contact us today for more information on our H2S Scavenger products.