Hydrated Lime or Slaked Lime is also known as Calcium Hydroxide Ca(OH)2. Lime is used to provide a source of calcium and hydroxyl ions in both water base and invert emulsion oil fluids.
Hydrated lime, when added to a bentonite-based fluid will cause flocculation and result in excessive rheology and filtration. The ability to carry very high mud alkalinity (as excess lime) to neutralize acid gases is one reason lime muds are used. H2S zones can be drilled safely, and copious amounts of CO2 can be neutralized by using hydrated lime.
Features and Benefits:
- Controls pH and provide excess calcium
- Used to treat Bicarbonate/Carbonate contamination
- Used in Clear-Water Drilling as a source of calcium and pH
- Used in Gyp/Calcium based muds
- Used in the water phase of invert emulsion oil muds as alkalinity control and fatty acid emulsifier activator
As a supplier of various drilling fluid products, Novamen offers a full range of products for different applications. We are committed to providing a high level of customer support and high-quality products. Contact us today for more information on Hydrated Lime.