Bentonite Premium Gel NT is a 200-mesh bentonite that contains no polymer additions meeting API specification 13A, section 10. It provides viscosity, gelling and filtration properties to most fresh water-based drilling fluids where an unaltered high-quality bentonite is required. It is also used in hydraulic barrier applications (pond sealing, slurry trenching, caissons, etc.) and in monitoring wells.
Premium Gel NT requires a pH of 8.5-9.5 for optimal performance; pre-treat mix water with soda ash as required. It will not hydrate in saline water; pre-hydrate in fresh water if required.
Features and Benefits:
- Meets or exceeds API specifications for bentonite (13A, section 10)
- Contains no additives
- Provides viscosity to improve hole-cleaning capacity of drilling fluids
- Provides suspension for weight material
- Provides filtration and forms a thin filter cake with low permeability
- Environmentally acceptable
Bentonite is used to lubricate and cool the cutting tools, to remove cuttings, and to help prevent blowouts. Relatively small quantities of bentonite suspended in water form a viscous, shear-thinning material.
As a supplier of various drilling fluid products, Novamen offers a full range of products for different applications. We are committed to providing a high level of customer support and high-quality products. Contact us today for more information on Bentonite Premium Gel NT.