Hyper-Drill® AF 207RD is a high molecular weight, anionic polyacrylamide supplied as a dry granular powder. When added to water-based drilling fluids, this specially processed polymer disperses rapidly allowing hydration to occur without the formation of lumps or “fish eyes”.
Hyper-Drill® AF 207RD is a very versatile polymer which can be used for oil, gas, water well and mineral drilling. It can be added to fresh, KCL or sea water-based drilling fluid systems. Hyper-Drill® AF 207RD functions primarily as a:
- Hyper-Drill® AF 207RD can be used alone or in conjunction with KCL to stabilize active shales by decreasing the shale’s tendency to absorb water, swell and slough-off. As an additional benefit, fluid loss is often reduced when using this product. The recommended dosage rate is 0.25 – 1.0 ppb as supplied.
- The addition of 0.5 – 1.0 ppb of Hyper-Drill® AF 207RD is a cost-effective way to generate viscosity in fresh or low salinity drilling fluids. It’s shear thinning capacity assures maximum power at the bit under high shear while retaining excellent carrying capacity under low shear conditions.
Flow Line Flocculant:
- Hyper-Drill® AF 207RD can also be utilized for clear water or low solids drilling. The addition of a 0.5% solution of Hyper-Drill® AF 207RD into the flow line or just prior to any mechanical separation equipment will greatly enhance the removal of drill solids.
- The addition of Hyper-Drill® AF 207RD into a drilling fluid will help reduce turbulent flow, friction and power losses at points of high shear. Lowering turbulent flow also helps reduce erosion and washouts of fragile geologic structures.
- Hyper-Drill® AF 207RD assists in foam drilling by creating a very stable foam, thereby increasing foam life. This results in enhanced cuttings removal and reduced water requirements. The product is compatible with most commonly used foamers.
As a supplier of various drilling fluid products, Novamen offers a full range of products for different applications. We are committed to providing a high level of customer support and high-quality products. Contact us today for more information on Hyper-Drill AF® 207RD.